ONE Bank Question Solution
Post: Special Cadre Officer
Exam date: 29 June 2018
Section A: English Language and Communication
Q. (1-5): Find out which underlined parts (a, b, c and d) of the following sentences has an error.
1.The securities broker is an essential link among the consumer and the stock market.
2. The sounds of speaking language do not always match up with the symbols of written language.
3. Walking reduces depression and anxiety, lessens stress, self-esteem is raised, and
Ans: self-esteem is raised
4. It is essential that commercial fishing has large shoals of fish of one species within reach of markets.
5. Poison gas, because its stealth and murderous fumes, is the most fear-inspiring
of all weapons of war.
Ans: because its
Q. (6-10): Each question below consists of a word printed in capital letters, followed by four words. Select the lettered word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters. 1x5-5
Q. (11-15). Select the pair that expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
11. PLUMMET: FALL::
Ans: swerve: tum
12. TEXT: EXTEMPORIZE::
Ans: score: improvise
13. TRANSGRESSION: MORALITY::
Ans: ) presumption: propriety
14. INVEST: CAPITAL::
Ans:) gamble: stake
15. HEDONIST: PLEASURE::
Ans: recluse: privacy
Q. (16-20): Choose the appropriate words or phrase that best completes the sentence.
16. Soil-covered lava lands usually support a normal forest --- enough water.
Ans: (a) if there is
17. Not often ....... fatal today, but immediate medical attention is essential.
Ans: ) is a rattlesnake bite
18. Spray cans produce an aerosol, which is --------
Ans:) a very fine spray
19. Kites come in all shapes and sizes, some ......... a person.
Ans:) large enough to carry
20. -------types of investments go up or down in value at the same time.
Ans: Not all
Section B: Mathematics and Analytical Ability Q. (21-30): Choose the correct answer.
21. If 100-74 is writter. as an integer in base 10 notation, what is the surr of the digits in that integer? (a) 424 Ans: 440
22. City X has a population 4 times as great as the population of City Y, which has a population twice as great as the population of City Z. What is the ratio of the population of City X to the population of City Z?
23. A rectangular floor that measures 8 meters by 10 meters is to be covered with carpet squares that each measure 2 meters by 2 meters. If a carpet square costs Tk.12, calculate the total cost to cover 2/3 of the floor?
Ans: )Tk. 160
24. Travelling at a constant speed of 32 miles per hour, a certain motorboat consumes 24 gallons of fuel per - hour. What is the fuel consumption of this boat at this speed measured in miles per gallon of fuel?
25. A collection of 16 coins, each with a face value of either 10 paisa or 25 paisa, has a total face value of
Tk. 2.35. How many of the coins have a face value of 25 paisa?
Ans: ) 5
26. Ir the range of the six numbers 4, 3, 14, 7, 10 and X is 12, what is the difference between the oreatest
possible value of X and the least possible value of X?
27. 4.8 x 10^9 is closest in value to
28 (0.0036)(2.8) / (0.04)(0.1) (0. 003)=?
29. Ms X made a fixed deposit of Tk. 10,000 for 1 year at an annual rate of 8 percent compounded
semiannually. Calculate the amount of interest to be paid at maturity?
Ans:) Tk. 816
30. In the first week of the year, Nancy saved Tk. 1. In each of the next S1 weeks. she saved Tk. 1 more than
she had saved in the previous week. What was the total amount that Nancy saved during the 52 weeks?
Ans:) Tk. 1378
(31-34): Read the information and answer the questions.
Six arms negotiators-M, O, P, R, S, and T- are to be seated at a round table to discuss disarmament. There are exactly six chairs around the table. Each negotiator sits facing the center of the table and is directly opposite a negotiator across the table. The seating arrangement is subject to the following restrictions: T cannot sit next to P; S cannot sit next to M; R must sit next to M.
31. Which of the following is an acceptable sequence of negotiators around the table?
Ans:) T,R, M, P, S,O
32. If M sits next to P, which of the following is a complete and accurate list of those who can sit next to P
on P's other side?
Ans: ) 0,s
33. If T sits next to Mand S sits next to R, which of the other negotiators must sit next to S?
34. If T sits directly across the table from 0, who must sit on the other side of P?
Q. (35-38): Read the information and answer the questions.
35. If the word EXAMINATION is written as 89123416354, what word does 456354 stand for?
Ans: ) NOTION
36. Which number will complete the series 3, 19,4174111 -- ?
Ans: ) 163
37. R is the brother of S and M is the father of J is the brother of P and P is the daughter of S. Who is the
690 uncle of J?
38. Of the five members of a panel sitting in a row, R is on the left of P but right of T and Q is on the left of
S but right of P. Who is sitting in the middle?
Ans: ) P
Section C: General Knowledge
TALPOS Q.(39-44): Choose the correct answer.
39. According to the proposed National Budget 2018-19, ....... of total revenue will come from VAT.
40. In 2018 Bangladesh Women Cricket Team won the Asia Cup T-20 against India by(
Ans:) 3 wickets
41. Which of the following is the expected life of the country's lone Satellite, Bangabandhu-1?
Ans:) 15 years
42. How many teams are taking part in the FIFA World Cup Football-2018?
43. Which of the following is not a bank note?
Ans:) Two-Taka note
44. The secretariat of the SAARC Food Bank is located in.
BCS PRELIMINARY & WRITTEN
Learn from scratch to become a first class officer.
A huge collection of Bank Job Questions to guide you through.
Easy and simple way to succeed.
StudyPress has solutions of ALL previous govt job tests.
MBA ADMISSION TEST
Worried about Math and English? Try Studypress
Every Important News updates for Job Preparation.
Something you will find nowhere else, but you need the most.
ALL PREVIOUS QUESTION & SOLUTIONS
The test was held yesterday? Solution is here!!