Questions (01-05) : Fill in the blank with right option.
1. The environmental damage caused by the oil spill will likely last -
Ans: for several years
2. The man was in _ health that the family began to consider whether he could continue to live in his home.
Ans: such bad
3. After _ suspended for misbehavior,the student requested reconsideration.
Ans: having been
4. The oncologist studied the results of the biopsy and decided _ additional tests.
Ans: to order
5. One should be careful about -- duty.
Questions (06-09): Select the word or phase that best completes the sentence.
6.Salt has been used for centuries as a method of preserving foods.
7. The presentation by Dr. Toha was very illuminating .
8. Assertive people are generally more decisive.
9. The supply of food and beverage for the program was abundant.
Questions (10-13) : Select the pair of best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the pair :
10. NATURAL: SYNTHETIC -
Ans : Boast: Humble
11. MONEY : PECULATION -
Ans : Writing : Plagiarism
12. EYES : TEARS –
13. Insult : TIumiliate-
Ans: Abuse: Disrespect
Questions (14-18) : Choose tha correct spelling from the given options
14. (d) prettier
15. (b) scurried
16. (a) ugliest
17. (d) Lieutenant
18. (b) Heritage
SECTION-B : Bangla
Questions (19-34) : Choose the correct answer
19. নিচের কোনটি রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুরের রচিত নয়?
20. ‘পঞ্চভূত' কার লেখা?
Ans: রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর।
21.কোনটি মুক্তিযুদ্ধভিত্তিক উপন্যাস ?
Ans : আগুনের পরশমনি
22.'কাক নিদ্রা 'এর সঠিক অর্থ কোনটি?
Ans: অগভীর নিদ্রা
23.'কল্কে পাওয়া ' এর সঠিক অর্থ কোনটি?
Ans: পাত্তা পাওয়া।
24.‘নেই আকড়া'- এর সঠিক অর্থ কোনটি?
25.সূর্য-এর প্রতিশব্দ কোনটি? –
26.ক্ষীয়মান-এর বিপরীত শব্দ কোনটি?
27.‘গোপ খেজুরে' কোন সমাস? –
Ans: ব্যাধিকরণ বহুব্রীহি
28. অধর পল্লব’ কোন সমাসের উদাহরণ? –
29. যে ব্যক্তি এক ঘর থেকে অন্য ঘরে ভিক্ষা করে বেড়ায় তাকে এক কথায় বলা হয়-
30. স্বর সংগতির উদাহরণ কোনটি? –
31. পাশাপাশি দুটি বর্ণ বা ধ্বনির মিলনকে কি বলে?
32. শুদ্ধ বানান কোনটি? – Ans: স্বায়ত্তশাসন
33. কোনটি সঠিক সন্ধি বিচ্ছেদ? – Ans: বৃহৎ + ঢক্কা = বৃহড়ঢক্কা।
34. যে বহু বিষয় জানে তাকে এক কথায় বলা হয়— Ans: বহুজ্ঞ।
Questions (35-60) : Choose the Correct answer
35.A clock strikes once at 1 o'clock, twice at 2 o'clock, thrice at 3 o'clock and so on. How many times will it strike in 24 hours?
36.The perimeter of a rectangle is 26 cm. The rectangle is converted to a square by tripling the width and taking a quarter of the length. What is the perimeter of the resulting square?
Ans: 12 cm
37. In an examination, 34% of the studens failed in mathematics and 42% failed in English. If
20% of the students failed in both the subjects, then find the percentage of students who passed in both subjects. –
38.125 gallons of a mixture contains 20% water. What amount of additional water should be added such that
water content is raised to 25%?
Ans: 25/3 gallons
39. A box is made in the form of a cube. If a second cubical box has inside dimensions three times those of the first box, how many times as much does the second box contain?
40. A can do a job in 24 days, B in 9 days and C in 12 days. B and C together start the work but leave after 3 days. How much time was taken by A to complete the remaining work?
Ans: 10 days
41.In a group of 15, 7 can speak Spanish, 8 can speak French and 3 can speak neither. What fracton of the group can speak both French and Spanish?
42. A, B and Center into partnership by making investments in the ratio 3 : 5:7. After a year, C invests another Tk. 337600 while A withdraws, Tk. 45600. The ratio of investments then changes to 24:59:67. How
much does A invest initially?
Ans: Tk. 1416001
43. Karim has 40% more stamps than Rahim, if he gives 45 of his stamps to Rahim, then Rahim will have 10% more stamps than Karim. How many stamps did Karim begin with?
44. P and Q start a business with initial investments in the ratio of 13:8. Their corresponding annual profits are in the ratio of 7:5. If P invested his money for 7 months, find the time period for which Q invested his money.
Ans: 8 months
45. Compound interest on a certain sum for 2 years at 10% per annum is Tk.420.What would be the simple interest at the same rate and for the same time?
46.Ravi leaves home for stadium which is 12 Km from his house.After the stadium,he goes tohis club which is 7 Km from his stadium.If his house,stadium,club all fail in atime,then what is the minimum distance he has to travel to get back home?
47. If a man cycles at 10 km/hr,then he arrives at a certain place at 1 pm. If he cycles at 15 km/hr, he will arrive at the same place at 11 am. At what speed must he cycles to get there at noon?
Ans: 12 km/hr
48. Which of the following equals - (√2 - √ 8 )( 2√2 + √ 8) ?
49. Three measuring rods are 64cm, 80 cm and 96 cm in length. What is the least length of cloth that can be measured exact number of times using any one of these rods?
Ans: 9.60 m
50. A tank can be filled by a tap in 20minutes and by another tap in 60 minutes. Both the taps are kept open for 10 minutes and then the first tap is shut off. After this, the tank will be completely filled in what time?
Ans: 20 min
51. A box contains 20 electric bulbs, out of which 4 are defective. Two bulbs are chosen at random from this box. The probability that at least one of these is defective is –
52. There is rectangular parking lot with a length of 2x and a width of x. What is the ratio of the perimeter of the parking lot to the area of the parking lot, in terms of x?
53. The ratio of income of A to that of B is 7:5 and the expenditure of A to that of B is 3:2. If, at the end of the year, each saves Tk. 500, find the income of A.
Ans: Tk. 3500
54. An empty bucket being filled with paint at a constant rate takes 6 min to be filled to 7/10 of its capacity. How much more time will it take to fill the bucket to full capacity?
55. In distributing milk at a summer camp it is found that a quart of milk will fill either 3 large glass tumblers or 5 small glass tumblers. How many small glass tumblers can be filled with one large glass tumbler?
56. A bank offers 5% interest compounded half yearly. A customer deposits Tk. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by the way of interest is –
Ans: Tk. 121
57. A rectangular fish tank 25m by 9m has water in it to a level of 2m.This water is carefully poured into a cylindrical container with a diameter of 10m.How high will the water reach in the cylindrical container?
Ans: 18/ π
58. At a symposium, 20% of the professors are psychologists,60%are biologists and the remaining 12% professors are economist.If 20% of the professors were glasses,what percent of the professors do not wear glasses?
Ans : 200/3 %
59.In a department, 3/5 of the workers are men and the rest are women.If ½ of the men and 3/7 of the women in the department are over 35,what fraction of all the workers in the department are over 35?
60.The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10.If P invested the money for months,find for how much time did Q invest the money?
Ans: P এর বিনিয়োগের সময় ৫মাস হলে উত্তর হবে 10 মাস
Knowledge and Basic Computer
Questions (61-80) : Choose the correct answer
61. Which of the following organization is concerned with environmental issues?
62. The device used for measuring altitudes is-
63. The value of Gold is determined is temporarily in –
64. Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank (ADB) situated?
65. Which one of the following glasses is used in bullet proof screens?
Ans: Reinforced glass
66. Which is the Land of the Rising Sun?
67. The longest mountain range in the world is –
Ans: The Andes
68. The Finance commission is appointed after every –
Ans: 5 years
69. The system of dual citizenship exists in-
70. Point of sale (POS) machine is widely used by the -
71. _ controles the way in which the computer system funciona provides a means by which users can interact with the computer-
Ans: The operating sytem
72. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT
73. Which of the folowing is used for close a tab on a browser?
Ans : Ctrl+w
74. When cutting and pasting,cutting section is temporarily stored in-
75. Which of the following is a correct format of Email address ?
76. The pocess of transferring files from a computer on the Internet to your computer is called –
77. Verification of a login name and password is known as: -
78. A special type of memory chip that holds software that can be read but not written to-
79. The set of instructions that tells the computer what to do is –
80. Which of the following will not protect you from spam?-
Ans: popup blocker
BCS PRELIMINARY & WRITTEN
Learn from scratch to become a first class officer.
A huge collection of Bank Job Questions to guide you through.
Easy and simple way to succeed.
StudyPress has solutions of ALL previous govt job tests.
MBA ADMISSION TEST
Worried about Math and English? Try Studypress
Every Important News updates for Job Preparation.
Something you will find nowhere else, but you need the most.
ALL PREVIOUS QUESTION & SOLUTIONS
The test was held yesterday? Solution is here!!